This course enables students to broaden their perspective and make connections to additional fields of interest such as photography and advertising—an interdisciplinary bridge that draws on outside fields for inspiration and exploration. Through this course, students will:
- Communicate project concepts by designing “Image Algebra” infographic-like titles for each project.
- Translate personal abstract inspirations from non-fashion sources into fashion design ideas.
- Document innovative process in a 5D Sketchbook.
- Research through making by producing clothing outcomes for each project.
- Contextualize their own work in both local and global communities.
- Engage in critique and contribute as an active class participant.